The traffic and crossing of vehicles on Hafaz square in Karaj lack the necessary safeties, particularly the entrance into the Hafez Square from Char-Hesar (the continuation of Chaloos- Karaj path) is so risky. In order to solve this problem and secure Char-Hesar crossing and Shahid Modarres Boulevard (Khalaj Abad), construction of a non-coplanar bridge over this boulevard was put on the agenda. Hafez Bridge, Technical buildings and the intersection of paths at the end of Modarres Boulevard and the intersection of line 4 of Hesar with Shahid Modarres Boulevard put into operation.
General specifications and project volumes:
- Main employer: Karaj municipality
- Employer Consultant: Gozar Rah consulting engineers
- Construction contractor: Henza Co.
- The weight of steel structure: 233 Tons
- Steel structure contractor: Zhivar Sanat Kanyar Co.
- Contract issues: Procurement, construction, steel deck set up and bridge handrails installation
- Contract closing date: 2013
- Duration of contract: 3 months
- Address: Hafez Square, Karaj