Karaj Interchange includes six main bridges which were designed as a combination of post-tensioned prestressed concrete and concrete boxes so that the combination just occupied the least surface to carry out the ramps and loops. In this Interchange, approximately 4.5 km decks and ramps will be implemented which is unique in its kind in the country. The project consists of 47 piers, 9 abutments and 8 access ramps creating one of the three-level Interchanges in the country. In the project all materials and building processes are defined under the supervision of national and international standards guidelines.
General specifications and project volumes:
- Main employer: Karaj municipality
- Employer Consultant: Rahab consulting engineers
- Construction and planning contractor: Henza Co.
- The weight of steel structure: 320 tons
- Steel structure contractor: Zhivar Sanat Kanyar Co.
- Contract issues: Procurement, construction, footbridge and bridge handrails installation
- Contract closing date: 2016
- Duration of contract: 3 months
- Address: Intersection of Hesarak and Ghazvin-Karaj Highway, Karaj