Ardabil traffic issues had been studied from about 2003 to 2004 and decisions such as, modification of the geometric design of high-traffic intersections, construction of Ardabil bypass so-called third belt, construction of multi-interchanges in the four main geographical directions, were adopted. The Quds Interchange problem, due to its location near the tourist district of Moalem Park and a set of arterial passageways and low width streets lack the minimum traffic standards, thus since 2007 (1386) the problem has become one of the Ardabil traffic concerns. Finally, it was implemented in the second half of 2015 (1394) by providing financial resources. The Aldabil Quds square Interchange project spreads out in one of the most crowded areas of Ardabil over the streets of Shohada, Imam Khomeini Intersection, Shahid Yosra, Moalem St and Shahid Motahari St covering an area of 71710 square meters.
General specifications and project volumes:
- Main employer: Karaj municipality
- Employer Consultant: Rah Azma consulting engineers
- Construction contractor: Henza Co.
- The weight of steel structure: 2500 tons
- Steel structure contractor: Zhivar Sanat Kanyar Co.
- Contract issues: Procurement, construction, steel deck set up and bridge handrails installation
- Contract closing date: 2016
- Duration of contract: 6 months
- Address: Sarein-Ardebil station, Ardebil